As the shared economy concept grows, it’s time to learn about the differences between shared space, flexible space, and coworking, and how they can benefit your organization.
The world of fitness is vast and ever-growing. Trends come and go, and it can be challenging to know what is for real and what is simply just a trend. As a fitness entrepreneur, influencer, or coach, it’s important to keep up so you can provide accurate information to those who are depending on you for information.
We see the versatility and innovation with different coaches and owners on the SpaceTogether platform, and in turn, we have been tuning into what resources can help them grow. We also know how important it is to keep up so you can grow your business, so we’ve put together a list of some of our favorite podcasts, youtube channels, and blogs to help you keep up with the trends.
Podcasts and Youtube
1. The Shrugged Collective has everything you could possibly need to start and run a fitness business of any kind. When we say everything, we mean everything. Here are a few of their podcasts:
- Barbell Shrugged - CrossFit and health/fitness world. Found on their podcast and youtube.
- The Bledsoe Show - The body and mental aspects of fitness. Found on their podcast and youtube.
- Real Chalk - Coaching and running a gym. Found on their podcast and youtube.
- The Muscle Maven - Fitness and relationships; personal health. Found on their podcast and youtube.
- Barbell business - The business side of fitness. Found only on Youtube.
- Technique WOD - Movement specific coaching. Found only on Youtube.
2. Another awesome podcast/youtube channel that is great for fitness entrepreneurs and leaders is Ben Bergeron’s, Chasing Excellence. Chasing Excellence covers a variety of fitness subjects including what it takes to run your gym, leading, coaching, and being a better athlete. Some of the specific sections you can find are:
- Competitive Excellence
- Affiliate Excellence
- Personal Excellence
This series can be found both on Youtube and Podcasts, and if you really love what you hear from Bergeron, then you should check out his published book, Chasing Excellence.
If this is you as a coach, then definitely check him out.
3. The last is specific to their channel, TED. You’ve probably heard of TED and the hundreds of talks that have been put out into the world ranging a high number of subjects. Their talks specific to fitness are interesting and supported by a lot of evidence, and there are a couple that we recommend.
- Sandra Aamodt: Why dieting doesn’t usually work
- Mick Cornett: How and obese town lost a million pounds
These two are fantastic for information and motivation! For more specific videos, browse the TED channel.
We’ve got three blogs here that we think could be beneficial for anyone trying to start, run, or grow their fitness business, ranging from the financial side to the day to day tasks.
- Trainerize: This has a ton of great blogs specific to the business side.
- My Fitness Pal: Sure, this one seems a little arbitrary, but if you’re at all focusing on nutrition, this one has a lot of great blogs pertaining to nutrition advice, tips, and recipes, as well as being one of the most popular calorie/macronutrient counters.
- Fitness Pain Free: Though this is specific to fitness rehabilitation and preventative care, this is important for anyone in the fitness world because injuries happen every single day to just about anyone.
Before you go
Expanding knowledge by education is the best way to build ethos and grow as an entrepreneur, so check out these major blogs, channels, and podcasts to grow as a fitness entrepreneur!
Growing your organization with space sharing is possible. Whether you need flexible space or want to share existing space—SpaceTogether exits to simplify the space sharing process from beginning to end. Learn more here to see if your organization is a good fit.